Friday, August 1, 2008

flew like a bird again!

Did a group ride tonight with some slower riders to keep my speed down and get a nice easy spin in.

It started out that way, but it didn't end that way. Halfway through the ride my legs started to get super loose and while the slower riders were going up the hill I just accelerated and sprinted up these hills with ease. I felt like a bird!

Towards the end of the ride I started to loose energy and I was feeling the onset of a bonk. Fortunately I had two Gu's with me and those saved me. The last big hill that I went up I went all out. You know you are going fast up a steep hill when you have to upshift to not spin out.

So I am bragging a bit, but I think I deserve to after my performance up those hills tonight!

If only I could do that in a race....

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy! Leave me a comment!