Wednesday, August 13, 2008

new half mile swim record

(for me)

(in the pool)

which I did in 19 minutes flat or actually a little bit faster since the last length in the pool should only be about half the length, so a sub 19 min half mile swim. Sweet!

So during my first two triathlons I did about 19 min half mile swim in the open water in my wet suit. But around that same time the best time I could belt out in the pool was about 23 mins, so a 4 min difference between the pool and open water.

I don't think there will be a 4 min difference between today's pool swim and saturday's open water swim. (it would be freaking sweet if thats the case!) but I do expect a faster time. I am only racing against myself. This is kinda cool since this will be the third time that I race this swim. Hopefully the bouyies will be in the same place to make it even.

I feel rested and ready to race. I have about 2-3 more short tune up workouts prior to friday and each of them will introduce some speed, but nothing hard enough to send me negative.

Lets race!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy! Leave me a comment!