Monday, August 4, 2008

awesome swim and july's totals

Did an AWESOME swim tonight. I bought the Total Immersion: Freestyle Made Easy swim DVD and was doing its basic basic drills in the pool. This DVD is AWESOME! I swam with a lot more confidence in the pool and was a lot more boyant in the pool. I will be repeating some of the drills and continuing onto the more advanced stuff tomorrow night.

As for the month of July (wow I can't believe its already freaking August!) I clocked in 33.5 hours of training, only took 5 days off, but only went a total of 308 miles. How is that possible!?!?

I guess it doesn't matter as long as those are quality miles. I know I made huge gains last month. I also only did one race and I crashed once. A 10 hour week really doesn't faze me that much anymore. I guess I got over that initial volume increase when I started the coached regimine.

The goods news! I am in the best shape of my life!

2 comments:

  1. Jon, my husband and I both LOVE the Total Immersion DVD. The fact that I can swim at all is due to this DVD! And my husband decreased his stroke count very significantly when he "adapted" this approach to swimming. Keep it up! Are you racing in Harriman in a couple of weeks?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that DVD is what I am been looking for for the past 3 months to get over my aweful swim stroke.

    I will be at Harriman. Are you?

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy! Leave me a comment!