Friday, September 5, 2008

punishing brick

After yesterday's run my legs were sore, but I didn't think that they were that bad. This morning I learned that my legs are basically a couple of cooked gooses.

Started off on the bike, which felt strong but hurt, for two laps to warmup. On the 3rd and 4th I was supposed to go race pace. The third lap I definately accomplished that, but starting on lap #4 it goes up an inclined hill that isnt steep but will kill you if you go too hard. I spun up it in my easiest gear. For the last half of lap 4 I found my legs again, sorta, and finished as strong as I could.

Now onto the run. It hurt from the beginning to the end. I was supposed to do intervals, but I knew those were out of the question. So what I did was set my watch timer for 3 mins and start off slow and build up to a race pace. Rinse and repeat. It helped. I finished the 5K in exactly 27 mins on the dot. Not bad!

I am actually looking forward to getting back into the pool now that the big pool is open again. I just need to rest my legs. They are spent!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy! Leave me a comment!