Thursday, September 11, 2008

fast run and a strong swim

This morning I was out with my couch for a run session. It was mostly done indoors on the treadmill. Fortunately the treadmill I was on was an awesome treadmill that felt really good to run on. I don't think I could have classified it as a dreadmill.

Anyways, I was doing intervals on the thing, 3 min zone 2, 1 min zone 3, 1 min zone 5, then rinse and repeat 2 more times. Funny how its a relief to get back down to zone 2 but yet it almost hurts ever MORE than the previous zone 5-my heart feels like its gonna come outa my chest-feeling. So my legs obviously hurt a lot right now from that.

So as of right now I just got back from the pool and am pounding down a bowl cereal in preparation from tomorrow morning's early brick workout. I think tomorrow will be my last brick of the season and I am looking forward to it. Getting up @ 5AM to prepare for this workout is taking its toll on me. Sleep is a commodity I can't lose.

Almost there....almost there.

Oh and for the swim itself, I did 1 mile in 43:20. Not super great, but I felt smooth and strong the entire way and my breathing couldn't have been better. I feel like I am in a good place for my swimming for the race......enough to get me through it, yet still keep reserves for the bike and run.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy! Leave me a comment!