Thursday, August 27, 2009

hit the reset button

So everything has changed almost overnight. After Timberman, I felt a release or a break from the season. The weather has actually done the same. This morning the weather was NOT humid, and it actually felt quite cool. There were leaves on the ground already!

This is why I mentally hit the reset button this morning. The season as I knew it is over with. No more triathlons till next year. Kinda sad, but the 4 that I did this season were all HUGE successes and I'm looking forward to another year.

So I went for my first run this morning and did 3 miles in 27:45 for a 9:15 pace. It didnt feel like my legs were connected to the ground for about the first mile. I didn't hurt, I was just slow. By mile 2 and 3 I was feeling back to normal on the run. I finished feeling the best. Im going to stick to 3 mile runs for the next week just to make sure I dont come back too hard and burn myself.

1 comment:

  1. the end of the season is always kind of sad .. but then you get to plan and get excited for next year !

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy! Leave me a comment!