Monday, May 4, 2009

2000 hard fought yards

My swimming coworker told me that things will get "uncomfortable" in the pool once the yardage picks up. We got "uncomfortable" today. He had us do 8 X 200 yards on 3:30 with 30 seconds rest.

Oh man oh man oh man! I sure surprised myself today!

After the 2nd or 3rd 200, I thought I was roasted pork! After the 4th I thought my arms were going to fall off. Then he gave us an extra 30 seconds rest and I was able to turn the heat up. I went slightly faster by about 1 -2 seconds (max 4 seconds faster the 6th 200) but I was finishing not feeling so wasted and my form was more consistent and my stroke count was more consistent as well. So I basically did 1600 yards at a 1:45 or faster per 100 pace! Sweet!

One thing that helped out on the last 4 200's was that I timing my turns better and not getting all fuddled up, which would throw my breathing and arm rhythm off which would slow me way down. I am going to try to learn flip turns on Wednesday.

This was probably the best swim I have EVER done!

Finished with a total of 2000 yards for today.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy! Leave me a comment!