Friday, January 2, 2009

a new year and time to get things going

The holidays are finally over and they took a bit of a toll on my endurance. Time was one thing, but not getting outdoors on a regular basis definately took more of a toll, I think. From here on I will be on a fixed schedule without very many time wrenches thrown in. Plus, I will have scheduled races thrown in to keep up my motivation!

So this morning I hopped onto the treadmill and ran a 5K in about 28.5 mins, or a 9:30 min/mile pace. Still not the same as going outdoors, but I kept my pace a bit higher than usual to simulate the outdoors.

From here I am taking it easy until Monday night, which will be my treadmill assessment test to determine heart rate zones, VO2 Max, and zone paces. This will set me up for my first race on January 10th, almost a week away. The race is 5 miles around a portion of Central Park, in NYC.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy! Leave me a comment!