Wednesday, January 21, 2009

no time to post!

it has been go, go go go for the past 2-3 days. Is today Thursday?

Sunday I was supposed to run for an hour, but it snowed so I was relegated to the dreadmill. I tried for 60 mins, but I was just not mentally there and gave up @ 30 mins. I was also still recovering from last Thursday's kettle bells class.\

Monday I took off.

Tuesday was a hard one where I did two trainer sessions. The first I was hooked back up to the VO2 max machine with the mask where we determined my power zones. I am still awaiting that data. But here is a graph that shows what a power test looks like in watts (notice the stair stepping every 3 mins or so):


Then immediately following the test (which I was working at a 9 out of 10 intensity) I went into the next room to do the 1 hour spin class. This is what that looked like:


So yeah, after 6 min intensities, there were 15 second all out sprints.

I got worked over pretty hard!

Then yesterday morning I was back on the treadmill for a 30 min run with a couple surges. I felt great for this workout because I think I ate enough (and the correct kind) food immediately following the each spin session. This helped me recovery. Then last night I was in the pool for an hour. That hurt and I was outa breath for most of the workout.

Now this morning I was back at Altheus for a one hour strength class to learn the ropes on how to do a quick strength routine in about 20 mins. My coached stretched it out to make it an hour. My arms and forearms are pretty sore right now. I was able to do 2 sets of 20 pushups this time without looking bad! lol

This week is turning about to be about 10 hours of work. Next week, though, things are gonna come down to let all of this hard work absorb.

I'm tired!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy! Leave me a comment!