Sunday, February 15, 2009

another day of pain

I have been having days and days of pain. Its the cumulative effect that has been adding up, now to a point that I don't know how much more I can take before I start to go into "over training" mode. I know fatiguing your body will make you strong, but after awhile feeling nothing but pain just takes the fun out of this stuff.

Take for today, which I ran 9.41 miles in 90 mins. I ran it slow, not because I tried to take it easy to get the distance in, but it was slow because my body physically could not go any faster. The first 3 miles were hellish. My legs hurt and I felt really slow. The 2nd 30 mins actually felt pretty good. The 3rd 30 mins I had to force my body to go for 15, stop, then finish the last 15 mins. My knee joints are hurting pretty bad and I am dreading this Tuesday's spin class. I know I will be able to finish it, but I feel like I am digging myself into a hole that has been getting deeper and deeper.

The good news out of all of this is that I can put in a moderate-hard ~34 mile ride, then run 90 mins over two days. I think that means that I should be able to do an Olympic distance triathlon no problem, at least I am not scared the of the distance!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy! Leave me a comment!