Tuesday, March 3, 2009

fatigue

I have hit fatigue hard and tonight I confirmed it with #'s. For the past 2-3 weeks or so I have been seeing a trend in my blog posts here, that have all been titled around either my legs are shot, im freaking tired, or I just couldn't go any harder. I don't mean to whine all the time, but that trend was starting to mean something and I started to notice it last week. My legs and arms were not firing on all cylinders and this past weekend's race I was surely not firing on all cylinders even after an "easy" week. This morning in the pool my technique was crap and I was having a hard time doing 100 yard sets EZ. Finally during tonight's spin class the #'s on my wattage meter were not lying. I was going at a time trial pace, 85% of max effort and I was struggling to keep my cadence up and the wattage over 200 watts, when I can hold a sustained 240 watts for that same time period.

In other words, I am fatigued and tonight proved it. I am not fatigued in that my legs feel crispy or burned out, its more like this deep down inside lethargic feeling where I have am a 6 cylinder engine, but only 3 of them are firing and they are firing well. The other 3 just dont want to come out and play.

Here is tonight's workout:


You can see around minutes 45-50 where I just went flat.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy! Leave me a comment!