Saturday, July 12, 2008

brick, running out of gas, new PR

Last night I did my first brick in about a month. The bike part hurt as I am still recovering from that 6.6 mile run among other workouts. Finally my legs smoothed out but I still didn't have the power in my legs had I been fresh. The bike to run transition felt different. I was bouncier in my step and different muscles hurt. Then I did one more lap around SUNY on my bike basically going as easy as possible. That helped smooth things out a bit.

I just got back from a 3 mile run with I did in 26:21, a new 3 mile record for me. Not quite a full 5K but still a good effort. The warmup mile felt really fast, then I did 4 laps around a 1/4 mile track with 4 "surges" to train my legs to go faster. Finally I went back the same 1 mile that I came in on. I ran out of gas on the last mile and was shaking/hungry on the walk back.....not good.

Tomorrow I watch my coworkers compete in a race that I am signed up for, but can't compete in due to my eyes being all messed up. Yep, I wish I could do it, but I think its better to take care of my eyes first and concentrate on bigger fish. I haven't watched a triathlon in person yet, so maybe this will give me some perspective on what others do in transitions.

Then I do a 3 hour ride afterwards.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy! Leave me a comment!