Thursday, June 19, 2008

adding speed

Did 4.5 miles again this morning, but this time I mixed it up. Did the usual 3 mile run course, but @ ~mile 2.5 I came to the brand new running track at the local middle school. That track rocks! Its like running on a pillow it feels so good on your legs. But anyways, I did 6 laps around the 1/4 mile track, with a spurts of I think a 200 meter pickup on each lap except for the 5th lap. I was feeling pretty wasted after that effort and was happy to be done when the run was over. They say this kind of speedwork will only get your faster. Lets hope they are right!

And whats amazing, even with the speed work I still only managed an 8:45 min/mile pace. Maybe I did some extra distance? eh who knows...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy! Leave me a comment!