Thursday, June 26, 2008

5 miler and GI issues

Did another 5 miler this morning and in about the same time. I was having major GI issues this morning, so much so that I had to stop at one point and walk it out. It was not a fun run and I was glad to have it over with.

I think because I was concentrating on the pain from my innards so much I didn't even notice the pain in my legs.

I did stretch my legs out after the run though. I was feeling a bit stiff throughout the run.

I think I am hitting a point where doing the same mileage 3 times in a row within a week is getting to be harder. The rate that I am building up mileage is increasing too quickly. I also think the amount of recovery time between these runs needs to increase or else I am just going to run sore forever, which is gonna suck and I really won't become stronger as fast.

Maybe a long run, easy 5K, long run, 2 day rest? I gotta read up on it some more I guess.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy! Leave me a comment!