Tuesday, April 8, 2008

was i injected?

I just had the best run of my life. I have been running 3 miles about 3x a week for the past 2-3 weeks. Today was finally the day to start increasing my mileage. So I decided to do 4 miles, which ended up being only 3.5 because I forgot about a half mile section of my route. Whatever. I don't care. I finished the run feeling better than I have ever felt. I think all of the strain that I have put on my body over the past several months with the running has finally added up and my body has undergone a change, in that it CAN run....finally...

So I did a 33:17 over 3.5 miles, or about 9.4 mins/mile. I thought it was faster, but time and distance does not lie. Again, I don't care. I am going off of how I felt. I went up this hill like a machine. My legs just.....went! It was a lot like on a road bike. Get into a lower gear and crank. I got to the top and just kept going and did not feel that harsh burn.

I am looking forward to thurs AM if I can drag my butt out of bed in time. I am actually looking forward to this run, for a change.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy! Leave me a comment!