Wednesday, April 16, 2008

out in the dark

Got back from my ride @ 7:54 tonight. Oops! Yeah it was dark....too dark. Oops!

The good news is is that I did 25.9 miles. I didn't realize that ride was that long. Here is my route.

Did it in 1:34, or about 16.6 mph. I am happy about that number as I was not going that fast during the ride. It was merely a recovery distance ride. At the end though, my climbing legs started to kick in as it was getting dark, which was a good thing. I can only wonder how fast I woulda gone had I done that ride @ full tilt.

So far this season I haven't done many long rides. I think my longest is 47 miles. This time last year I was belting out 50 milers. I guess I just don't see a need to do that long of a ride yet because a long ride, 50+ miles @ a faster pace will cause me to recover longer. I just don't have more than two days to recover. Two days after that long-ish ride, I need to be back running and swimming and mostly fully recovered.

My form is really starting to come about. I am starting to gain more confidence in all three aspects: swimming, running, and biking.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy! Leave me a comment!