Friday, January 15, 2010

a good week in the pool

Finished swim #3 for the week @ lunch today with 2700 yards. For me, this swim was one of those that would "put hair on your chest" or put you in the "hurt locker," the "pain cave" or you "hang your season" on. However trite or colloquial I can be about it, this was a good swim! I felt myself getting stronger and stronger by the end even after 2 other hard swims.

So today, I did:
250 WU
8 x 300, descending each 4
150 CD

On 300 # 7, I went 4:57, which for me, is a dream pace in the pool @ 1:39/100. I was doing 2:00+/100 this time last year.

-------------------
Finally the weather has warmed up and yesterday @ lunch it was in the low 40's, so I went outside for a 6.6 mile run. No headband needed and I think wearing my vest was a bit too much clothing! Here is my route:



The weather looks like it is holding out just enough for me to get OUTSIDE ON THE BIKE TOMORROW!! Woo hoo!!!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Jon,
    You know, I don't really think I would want a swim to put hair on my chest, but hey what ever rocks your world!!! I am glad to hear the swim went great and the runs sounds nice too. I bet it was a beautiful running around the Country Club grounds.

    I hope that you have a great weekend:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. sets of 300s? Ughhh. Way to go, you are so kicking my ass in swim training. I hope you got out on the bike! I'm in Arizona and loving the shorts and t-shirt running weather.

    PS- At the marathon expo I told the Gu booth about your chocolate peanut butter creation. Hopefully I planted some seeds for an actual Gu flavor!

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy! Leave me a comment!