Sunday, November 1, 2009

back on bike, super 7 miler, NYC marathon!

Biked 26 miles yesterday EASY.....like 1:55:00 easy. haha!!!

Then this morning I knocked out a super solid 7 miles in 1:00:54. My legs felt so good. I took the easy way and did 2 x 3.5 mile loops. Mentally, I just couldn't do a 7 mile loop. Plus, I negative split it. 30:43 for the first loop. 30:11 for the 2nd. And I could have kept going. Ah, it feels good to have some running form back again.

Finally I hopped onto the train and saw the NYC Marathon. This is to make sure that I am in fact AM going to run this thing next year. We first went to the finish @ central park and parked ourselves 600 meters from the finish. Saw Ryan Hall and Paula Radcliff win 4th. Absolutely amazing to see these elite runners come in so fast!

Then we headed up to 116th and 1st (mile 19) and saw the masses of people stream through. We found a good spot by the open door @ a bar called Orbit and had a nice brunch and mimosas as we watched the pace of thousands of people slowly slow. I went out and watched by the barriers a few times and studied the faces of everyone. They ranged from pure agony to just having a good time.

I hope I remember this spot next year and I wonder how I will feel. I honestly have NO IDEA how I am going to do. I guess it all depends on if I meet my goal of upping my run volume up enough over the course of next season. I think this next year is gonna fly by!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy! Leave me a comment!