Wednesday, November 4, 2009

winter cycling power plan

I started a 10 week winter cycling power plan this morning. The goal of this is to improve your threshold power. A coach over @ beginnertriathlete.com is using his own program which looks really good and is made specifically for those with a power meter. He also has a HRM/RPE plan as well.

So today was workout #1. It looked like this via power (unfortunately my HRM didnt work):

And transcribed into human language, I did this:
Warm up:
10' @ 120 watts
5' (@ 15" @ 214 watts / 45" @ 120 watts)
Main Set:
10 x 30" @ 200 watts / 30" @ 120 watts
15' @ 150 watts
Cool down:
5' @ 120 watts

I'd say this workout was medium intensity. It felt strange spinning my legs fast on the trainer again and I believe this workout was meant to reacclimate yourself back on the trainer.

This is just the beginning, and its gonna get HARD starting next week when we do our first 20 min test.

3 comments:

  1. What are you using for your power meter, and where did you get it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a PowerTap:

    http://www.saris.com/p-361-powertap-sl.aspx

    I got mine from my local bike shop, but you can get it from a dealer near you or through wheelbuilder.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everyone is doing that plan! Sounds fun.

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy! Leave me a comment!