Friday, November 20, 2009

oooooouuuuuuccccchhhhhh!!!!!!

I haven't been in the pool for weeks. And before that, I'd only been in the pool for two weeks after I hadn't been in the pool for weeks. So let's just say I haven't put up more than 15,000 yards since the end of August!

So today I got into the pool with my super swimmer coworker. Fortunately he hasn't been as diligent in the swimming department either, so today was a good "restart" for us.

I was hitting times a LOT slower than times that I used to take for granted last summer. Take, for example, the 8 200's that we did today: I hit on my fastest a 3:35, which I basically had to sprint for (I used to hit 3:35 200's without blinking @ my peak). And my slowest one? 3:55. OUCH!

Hey, at least I will be able to see improvement this winter! :)

2 comments:

  1. Haha, I can relate. I've barely been swimming for the last month so 20 minutes practically kills me now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You'll be back into it shortly !

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy! Leave me a comment!