Monday, November 16, 2009

May the Gu be with you

And on the 8th day, God said, "Let there be Chocolate Gu!" And there was Chocolate Gu.

Aaaaaaah, I bought a brand spankin new box of Chocolate Gu tonight. I wish I kept track of how many Chocolate Gu's I have eaten over the past 2-3 years. It probably amounts to, well, a LOT of calories! At least they were yummy calories :) Maybe for 2010 I'll keep track.

I like Chocolate Gu so much, that I have thought about substituting chocolate frosting on my birthday cake next month for Chocolate Gu. I still remember the first time I ate one. I cried! I was at the bottom of route 118 up in Northern NH about to climb Gonzo Pass, which is a pretty serious hill. I wasn't crying cuz of the hurt that I was about to endure, but rather because I had never eaten something so sweet and intense! It took me awhile to be able to eat another one. Eventually I got used to the sweetness and it has been a love affair ever since. Fon-Gu anyone?
_______________________
It almost hit 60 @ lunch today so I went out for an 18 miler. Is it really November 16th? Feels more like April 16th. Legs felt a bit crispy, but they were loosend up by the end. Good recovery ride.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy! Leave me a comment!