Wednesday, September 9, 2009

bike fitting part 2, and the resulting ride

Took yesterday completely off other than bike fitting #2. With the new spacers under the aero pads, we messed around with the seat position. We slightly lowered the seat and slightly scooted it back. The position felt good spinning on the compuTrainer, but you can only go so far with that.

So this morning I was out on the road @ 7AM on one of my usual routes where I can stay in the aero position for a long time. The fit worked!

My neck and upper middle shoulders do NOT hurt @ all. Im not kicking my arms with my knees anymore (due to raising the cockpit a total of 5cm) and my triceps didnt hurt as much. I think I just have to ride more in this new position to get used to that.

And finally, the real clincher that the fit is working was when I was booking 27 mph on a 2.5 mile stretch of flat road. Incredible! It felt like a blur because I was going so fast. Usually I am doing 23-25 mph on that section. I kinda went faster this time :)

I ended up with almost 27 miles in around 90-ish minutes. Good ride, even though my climbing legs were shot.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy! Leave me a comment!