Wednesday, October 1, 2008

registered for my first HIM

Just registered for my first HIM (half Iron Man 70.3), Timberman, in Gilford, NH. This race is only 25 mins or so from where I grew up and is on the very same lake that I grew up on. I am excited as this will be a "home" race for me.

Wow, Swim 1.2 miles, Bike 56 miles, then run a half Marathon (13.1 miles). Should take me 6 hours or less. GULP!

Oh its gonna be awesome!

Timberman is one of the signiture races of the season, especially in the northeast. They had Kona's female winner, Chrissy Wellington, win the the female Pros this past year, along with Andy Potts, who almost made the US Olympic team. Who knows if they will repeat next year, but the race draws some big names.

August 23, 2009, here I come! Oh, and my race age @ that time will be 27. Yikes! I'm still ONLY 25!!!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy! Leave me a comment!