Sunday, October 5, 2008

LSD

Did my first LSD run this morning. LSD stands for "Long Slow Distance," and I think I accomplished that. A coworker and I ran 9.85 miles in 1:44:01. Yeah that definately accomplishes the slow part. We averaged 10:34 min/mile averages. haha

Eh whatever. I'm not out to set any records next weekend other than finishing my first half marathon. Besides, I am done with speed work for a LONG LONG LONG time. My body and mind is pretty cooked from this past season. It is good though to accomplish some goals through this off season.

As for today's run, I ran on a new (to me) path that is well paved the entire way, has some decent scenary and has some small hills. Its always good to find new terrain to switch things up from time to time. By the end of the run I felt really good, besides my knees being a bit sore. But my legs felt fine and I wasn't hungry or tired or wrecked. When I got home I was extremely hungry and I could feel my legs starting to feel a bit sore. Now my quads are pretty sore.

Tomorrow night I start my swim classes. Then Tuesday and Thursday I will be putting in some short runs for next Sunday's half marathon.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy! Leave me a comment!