Thursday, March 6, 2008

went outside, killed myself

Yeah, actually I MURDERED myself today. I got to the point where I didn't realize that I was just coasting on most downhills and flats, only pedling to keep going, thats how much I killed myself today. I did 46 miles, which is nothing too crazy, except I totally underestimated this route. I have done most parts of it multiple times, except for a 3/4 loop around a resevoir. It was very hilly around the resevior. In fact, I just learned while entering my route into mapmyride.com, that there is a "Display Elevation" feature that I have never noticed. It shows just how much elevation change I did. I would love to find out how much total elevation gain I did, which the web-site does not show, BUT, cause I am a nerd and can write computer programs, I can read in the data, parse it, and figure it out! Yay nerdom!

Here is the elevation map:






I know I am in pretty good biking shape and I can do some miles, but I am still not at that confident level yet where I can belt out 46 miles of a hilly route. I am looking forward to that happening soon. :)

Also, I am sick. It hurt to breath @ times today because my windpipe is feeling raw and inflamed. Also my nose is a freaking faucet. Maybe today wasn't the best day to go on a ride like this, but I need it, plus I took a vacation day to do this, so I need to make the most of it. I just need some sleep and plenty of tissue

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy! Leave me a comment!