Saturday, March 8, 2008

biked and ran tonight

So after my long murderous ride on thursday, my body gave me the middle finger and told me to slow the F down, or else! except it just did the else regardless. My cold hit me hard thursday night and I stayed home from work friday with a runny nose, the chills, headache, just overall feeling like crap. Fortunately the kind folks on beginnerTriathlete just said to huddle down and rest. I did just that and fortunately my body has recovered (so far) in record time. So much so that I did an easy 20 min spin on the bike and then a 30 min run, 5 min warm down walk on the dreadmill.

That was the EASIEST run I have EVER done. I think I went at my normal speed an everything. I hope that my body has finally adjusted to running and I have hit a new level. Of couse this is on a windless temperature controlled enviornment that is flat as a pancake. I GOTTA get outside onto a course with some hills. Its sorta like biking down south. You can get into the best shape of your life on the flats, but as soon as you hit a hill, it all means nothing. Hills rule.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy! Leave me a comment!