Friday, September 3, 2010

Yep, It was the right decision

After I wrote my post yesterday my foot miraculously felt better. Go figure, right?

Last night it felt great.

And this morning it felt great.

So I went for an easy 3 mile run.

It didn't feel so great when I was running and definitely didn't feel great when I stopped.

It still doesn't feel great right now.

Bummer.

Not crying over it. I feel better about yesterday's decision, because I IMMEDIATELY felt the guilt and regret over the decision.

Basically I can't run. Massage helps. But it doesn't cure it.

Fortunately I have an appointment with the Doctor when I return from Vacation, and I will go from there. So NO RUNNING next week!

Not crying over this. Just stating the facts. I have accepted my current fate with the running Gods and I am SO looking forward to getting back onto the bike and into the pool in a few weeks.

I am going computer-less for 9 days starting tomorrow. I am going off the juice here folks! So have some great training and racing and I will catch back up with everyone mid September.

20 comments:

  1. Good decision for sure! You have had an incredibly high volume season and have another one on the way. Enjoy your vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  2. recover. relax. see you in a few weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Acceptance is the last step to moving and recovery! Enjoy your vaca and come back ready to rock!

    ReplyDelete
  4. rest that foot and have some non-running related fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good! Now rest up and enjoy your vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  6. take all of those vacation days OFF and freakin' enjoy yourself! I am wicked jealous :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Vacation will help then I am sure because of the break from running. I know it isn't in the schedule, but think about swimming and biking only when you get back man.

    Enjoy the vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  8. 9 days without a computer?!??!? Yikes. I'd start to get the shakes after about 2 days.

    Have a great vacation!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Enjoy the break (from running, the computer, the "real" world) and just enjoy the moment.
    Sending healing dust your way~hope that foot is feeling better soon!
    ?did you ever try out the frozen water bottle trick??

    ReplyDelete
  10. Have a great computer-less vacation, Luddite!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Again, I think you made the right decision! Have a wonderful vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  12. No computer? You are a tech guy you gotta have an iphone or blackberry right? I mean if I am away from home for more than like 12 hours I bring at least a laptop with the sprint Aircard. I am getting the shakes thinking about it!!!

    Have a great vacation Jon!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Enjoy the vacation! Hope you come back with good news about the foot. I love being without a computer.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I hope that you have a fantastic vacation! Relax and enjoy

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm getting ready for a running-free month after IMWI. Sometimes you just need to take a break. I'm going to bike like a maniac and am actually looking forward to it. Take it easy and things will get better!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Well.... if you ever need someone to get pool running workouts from, you got your girl right here. =/

    Praying for ya!

    ReplyDelete
  17. sorry about the foot, but hopefully vacation will take your mind off it a bit!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm a new follower. just found your blog today!

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy! Leave me a comment!