Thursday, September 16, 2010

Score one for the Eye Team!

If I am going to go for 2 posts in one day, might as well make it three, as good things come in threes, right?

Went to the eye Dr. this afternoon for the annual checkup.

The results?

My vision improved!!! My powers of nearsightedness stayed the same, but I no longer have an astigmatism!

This is the first time in 11 years since I started needing glasses/contacts that things stayed the same or improved.

I owe it to my titanium framed glasses :)

And to Shelly @ Vergence Ranges, thank you for pushing me to get Rx Sunglasses. I didn't know they were covered under my insurance! *bangs head against wall for ignorance*

To good vision!

5 comments:

  1. Holy cow! Is this the triathlon of blog posting today? Are you trying to make up for your week off?

    When I first got contacts back in 1997, I had to get hard contacts because of my astigmatism. After wearing hard contacts for about 4 years, they actually fixed my astigmatism to the point that I could finally get soft contacts. Ironically, this was about the time that they finally had soft contacts for people with astigmatisms.

    How blind are you without contacts/glasses? It seems like I remember you posting about being "blind as a bat" after the swim during a race.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Improvement is always good. I'm so lucky I've always had good sight. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Minus 2 for my eye team...my mom just found out that I was starting to wear mine again (my eyes hurt after reading page after page of boring theory) so now I have to go get mine rechecked...bugger.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lucky you! That's really nice. I, on the other hand, am old enough that I am now having to move things further away from my face to read them (like splits on a watch!). No fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lucky! I've been wearing glasses/contacts since the second grade! I officially hate contacts now and only wear them for racing....and biking. I'm just too lazy to put them in.

    And to add insult to injury, I am now at the age when I can't see the fine print. I need to remove my glasses and look at the page closely. sigh...

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy! Leave me a comment!