Which means that it is beer brewing season!!!! :)
If you notice on the right side of my blog, there is the "About Me" section, which says something along the lines of "My Name is Jon, blippity blappity blah blah blah blah....BEER BREWING!!!"
Before my days of triathlon I spent a solid year getting into brewing beer. Triathlon and beer brewing are VERY similar in certain aspects. Heck, drinking beer and triathlon have a lot in common!
- Both hobbies require an obscene amount of gear.
- You start out with beginner gear
- You can upgrade your gear many different times to better and better stuff.
- They both require large of amounts of info and it is overwhelming at first
- Both require large amounts of maltodextrin.
- They have a symbiotic relationship.
I haven't brewed in probably over 6 months. I am feeling a bit rusty and I don't know what to brew!
Do you have any ideas of what to brew? (gonna go pretty generic here...will go more specific later)
I posted a poll on the right side above the "About Me" section. Vote for your favorite kind of beer out of the selection. I'll try to brew up a batch that matches the highest number of votes. Then I will chronicle the brewing process in case some of you are curious about the beer brewing process. Just gonna do an extract for now as the all grain method is pretty complex and takes a LOT more time. And unfortunately I can't lager as that requires an extra refridgerator