Wednesday, July 28, 2010

It won't be 2011, It will be 20IIRONMAN!

Before I post about my 3rd day up in Lake Placid, I first want to post this.

So there are going to be a LOT of us first time Ironman bloggers next year.

Here is the roll call:
I am doing Lake Placid
Kevin @ IronmanByThirty is going for Wisconsin
Mandy @ Caratunk Girl is Lake Placid Bound
Jason @ Tech-Tri is also Lake Placid Bound
Derek @ DR: TRI'ing 4 Iron is joining the Lake Placid Bound crew
Emily @ Sweat Once a Day is ALSO joining the Lake Placid bound crew
Mary @ IronMatron is coming back for round #2 of Lake Placid and for her third Ironman.
Jeff @ DangleTheCarrot is going for the inaugral Ironman Texas. How can he not?!? He lives 45 mins away! SO jealous, Jeff!!!....but NOT jealous of the heat/humidity you guys have ;)
Maria @ 2010 Brings Racine is going for Redman!
Alexa @ Just Keep Swimming is the veteran going double for her 2nd and 3rd Ironman @ Coure d'Laine AND Wisconsin. Tests results are still pending on whether or not she is robot or human ;) She just dropped a 12:18:xx @ Lake Placid last weekend!

Anybody else joining the fun? I'll add you to the list.

Geebus talk about being able to share many future "first time" experiences over the course of next year between us all. Trust me, I am going to be a sponge absorbing all of your mistakes and successes you make along the way! So don't feel ashamed to post them as well as your successes. I will be right there with you posting about the "suckage" and future bonks.

To 201IRONMAN!

17 comments:

  1. Wow..there are a lot of you! I can't wait to read all about everyone's training!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow that is awesome for everyone! I can't wait to hear about all of them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Totally unfair that I'm not fit enough yet! SO jealous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so excited to follow everyone on this journey...hoping to be at LP2011 volunteering and meeting everyone and then signing up with my husband for LP2012.

    ReplyDelete
  5. 2011 is my year off -- I do one every other year so my family actually gets to see me over the winter! I am pumped to read about your journey.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is going to be one heck of a ride for all of us!

    I think the wifey and I might have to come up to LP next year and volunteer.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well, not it has been written. No backing out now. :)

    To 201IRONMAN!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow this is amazing! Jeff I am still shocked how quickly everyone registered with no info!!! Everyone doing Lake Placid we need to get a Lake Placid House. If any of you do any training camps up there let me know I am planning to do 1 or 2 if possible. Also Looking for a coach for my first ironman any input would be great as well!!! Good luck to everyone It will be fun to follow the journey!

    ReplyDelete
  9. me too me too me too! Glad to find a whole slew of bloggers going! fun! It'll be my third. (LP 2009/CDA 2010).

    ReplyDelete
  10. Incredible!
    I'm seriously so happy to be a part of this and follow everyone's training! It's going to be quite the journey.
    -Derek

    ReplyDelete
  11. AHHH WEEE

    CRAZY stuff, we are going to have some FUN!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, there are a lot of us! Apparently I missed the memo that IMLP was the place to be! It's going to be a busy and fun year with everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  13. 2011RONMAN! I LOVE it! So excited there are so many people to share the training tales with!

    ReplyDelete
  14. It's an off year for me, but will be fun to follow all the newbies (and the robots!). Congrats to all of you for taking the first step!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I wont be joining the party next year, I can barely run, some year, hopefully.

    ReplyDelete
  16. yeah.......uh, no...not me. Not until my kid is in college.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Jon, congrats on setting your sights on this! You have to promise me you are going to get yourself some protective eyewear. Seriously, if you are going to be spending big chunks of time on your bike, you need to be wearing protective eyewear as well as a helmet. OK, I will get off my optometric soapbox. Good luck at T-man. You are going to totally rock it!

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy! Leave me a comment!