Tuesday, April 6, 2010

the taper dreams have started. BLAH!!! its a wierd one....

I had my first New Orleans taper nightmare last night. Usually when I am stressed out about a race, these dreams occur. I am NOT stressed out about this race. This dream, on the ridiculous scale, was an 11 on a scale of 1-10.

It went from the swim being in the carribean out of someone's apartment where Chrissie Wellington (who is not competing in New Orleans) was killing everyone in the swim by swimming face up going in the feet first direction. Do you know how hard it is to swim that way? To suddenly being waaaay up in Michigan where the race director and then John Lithgow (WHY JOHN LITHGOW?!?!?) told us to first swim towards the direction of Germany! First the pros went, then it felt like HOURS before the age groupers started, starting with the men's 80-84 age group. They were all dressed in slacks and nice shirts, some with trenchcoats on, all about to run into the water.....I am NOT making this up btw.....

Meanwhile the dream would bounce back and forth between what I would forget, such as showing up to the swim in full wetsuit without the bike, or not racking the bike, or not having any liquid on the bike, or not having my race number, or somehow bringing ANOTHER race number from ANOTHER race!!!

It was a stressful dream and I hardly slept. Basically the simplest of things went wrong but multiplied by 20.

Oh and then the best part happened. I didn't do the race. Somehow I couldn't start it. I can't remember WHY, but I remember the afterpart and frustration of seeing everyone finish but me.

Finally, I kept seeing random people at the race that I know, and on one occasion, we were looking at a google satellite map of Ontario where Pixar was located. Uuuummmm, Pixar is located in San Francisco....

Fortunately I had a good 4 mile run this morning. It calmed my fears!

Have you had any weird prerace nightmares?

14 comments:

  1. See what sucks, is that you cant go out and have a leg tearing session to make you pass out from exhaustion so you dont have those dreams. You have to taper.

    Though I did find it funny

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now that is a bizarre ass dream! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow ... whatever you ate yesterday do not eat again! As crazy as those dreams were, they are quite entertaining!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What did you drink before bed?

    ReplyDelete
  5. That was one crazy dream! The only crazy dream I ever had about a tri was right before my first one. It was so bizarre and I remember waking up totally freaking out!

    I hope you have restful dreams from now on! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi little bro,
    You wouldn't happen to be obsessing...would you? Trenchcoats, really? Have a good one Jon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is definitely a fun one. it is better than the ones I have here I show up to race naked!

    ReplyDelete
  8. dreams are so weird. there is just no explaining them. You sound really ready. Can't wait to hear about it all!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gotta love prerace dreaming! :) Stresses you out more than the race itself!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Me elbowing you in the face that night prolly didn't help. sorry about that.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Holy crazy dreams! John Lithgow? That is just pretty funny. Good luck tapering - it truly does drive me mad. But most of the time I don't have weird dreams because I usually can't sleep then.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Whatever you were on, I WANT some please!

    ReplyDelete
  14. That's a hilarious dream, I must say! I definitely know I get some pre-race anxiety, but I think my dreams manifest in the typical getting there too late scenario. Anyhow, best of luck--tell John Lithgow to stick to acting when you see him!

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy! Leave me a comment!