Swim: 5750 yards
Bike: 92.86 miles
Run: 20 miles
Strength: 1 hour
No folks, that is NOT a week's worth of work. That is a MONTH's work! (ducks and hides again!)
I think I owe it to myself to hash out exactly what happened this past month:
- My foot bent bananas on me 4 days after Timberman (8/22). I could hardly walk!
- Then I went on vacation for 9 days
- Upon return, my foot still wasn't 100%
- I dropped the NYC Marathon
- I got back and things started to look UP!
- Then I got a back spasm...that split second back spasm really F-ed me up!
- The NYC Marathon was REALLY out now....
- 5 days later I finally was able to swim.
- October was already upon us
Besides, aren't I allowed a month off? My body made sure of that WITHOUT the brain's consent...
But what goes down, must come back UP, right?
That is called October.
The foot is healed
The back is feeling MUCH better. Tuesday night I got a 40 minute deep tissue back massage and immediately I felt 100% better. I even did strength training yesterday morning and the back felt fine.
The goals for October?
- Start running again. I got ONE full solid week of running in in September, or 9 miles. Otherwise it was sporadic runs here and there. Yeah....
- Start building up run mileage conservatively. HELLO 10% rule!
- Kettlebells!!! Gonna do a more in-depth post on this. Short story: I hate weights. But I Loooooove Kettlebells as a substitute. More later....
- Flip turns in pool....I did a few crappy ones last month and got my confidence up to flip @ the wall, but that back spasm K-O'ed me and my back's bending confidence
- Learn backstroke....my posture sucks and this stroke opens your chest up. Also, I really want to learn backstroke
- The biking is going to be tough. Too dark in the morning, too dark after work. Basically its lunch time 2X a week and the weekend. Fortunately due to my biking background, that is the one sport that I can slack on and regain the quickest.