Saturday, October 25, 2008

raced a garbage truck

And won!

This was my first outdoors road ride since the ITPMan relay race. Yikes! That was almost 4 weeks ago. I hadn't even taken the race number sticker off of the front of my helmet! So since then I have done 2 indoor spin classes, and hour each.

So considering all of that, I had a good ride today! I was standing up most short/steep hills and was powering through them. I ended up doing a 26 mile loop in 1:33:02, so a little under 17 mph/avg.

So before the final downhill into Purchase, there was this garbage truck on the side of the road waiting for traffic to clear so it could pull out. I knew this fricking thing would come around me, then be unable to pass or would stay right in front of me, giving me the most wonderful perfume smell of all: GARBAGE!

I wouldn't have any of that! So when the garbage truck got behind me I gunned it and kept a pretty good speed up so that it couldn't pass me. Take that garbage truck!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy! Leave me a comment!