Wednesday, September 26, 2007

So i did it...

This morning of course I didnt want to wake up.....again, but I had to because of my run monday after work. The days are REALLY getting shorter. There was plenty of sunlight monday night when I left for my run, but by the time I was half way done, it was pretty dark out and I was afraid of a car nailing me. So no more after work runs until next spring.

So after I got over the initial 5 minutes of the run this morning where my legs stopped screaming bloody murder at me, I decided to run today's course backwards. I think it's always good to do that; it breaks up the monotony of the same run day after day. When I hit the avenue that I am still somewhat unfamiliar with since I started lengthening my runs, I decided to try this circle road that I knew would put me back on my usual track, except after ending the circle road, i went right instead of left. This in turn kinda put me back in this area where there is small sports field, except the road I thought i was on dead-ended all of a sudden, which forced me to take another right turn. But after a few lefts and another right I was back on track to the original run course.

When my watch went off @ 25 minutes, my legs hurt and I did want to stop, but it definately wasnt one of those where i thought every blood vessel was going to pop. So I reset my timer to see how long it would take me to get back to where I started (i knew that by running back to the finish would yield me about 3 miles, it was just a matter of how much longer (in time) it would take me). When I turned the last left turn onto the final stretch I could see the end and decided to pick up the pace as I knew it was going to hurt, but the heck, the end is there but I knew I could do it. So I did it...

Aprox 28:30 mins to run 3 miles. Not bad for the first time, considering I have never done that.

So from here on out now that I know what a 3 mile course is, I am going to instead start the timer @ 0 and left it go until i finish and start to see if that 28:30 can come down a bit. I dont know if this is a fact, but I know I read somewhere that if you can run a 5K in 24:00 or quicker you are doing pretty well. I guess that will be a goal.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy! Leave me a comment!